Hi, I’m Dave. Before I moved onto a sailing yacht with my wife and little boys, I was an academic, researching and teaching sustainability. Three years later, I’m a cognitive-coach to select visionaries, and educator.
Think on Thursdays
A weekly e-mail sharing wisdom from books I’ve read as an academic and knowledge-professional; and from my own thinking.
At present, I’m curating these with the aim of helping people grow three traits: intuition, polymathy, and self-design.
If you are unsure about signing up, then take a moment now to envisage who you want to be in a decade. Where do you want your energy to be focused? Who do you want around you? What kind of life do you want to live? How do you want to be learning and making decisions?
When you have thought about that, there’s a link to click below to reveal a list of personal qualities I think about when I’m writing to you all. It’s an “aspirational self”: something which most people could become if they committed to it. However, it’s a self that is not prioritized by the presently popular education systems or media.
click here to see the list
Will the future you?
- Be present in their present, and enthusiastic about their future.
- Design their immediate environment and their self in synergy.
- Find internal motivation in their learning and life. Not require validation.
- Have abundant self-knowledge and well-calibrated self-confidence.
- Centre their lives around and with the people they love.
- Be widely knowledgeable, bordering on polymathic.
- Contribute, positively, in many contexts. At the very least have a net-positive impact on the world.
If that resonates, then we are fairly well aligned, and you should sign up now using the form above. If your aspirations are in a different direction, no worries – you will be better served elsewhere.