Hi, I’m Dave. Before I moved onto a sailing yacht with my wife and little boys, I was an academic, researching and teaching sustainability. Three years later, I’m a knowledge-coach to visionaries, and educator.
“Think on Thursday” is a weekly e-mail in which I share some of the most important lessons I have learnt and am learning now.
Each e-mail will include a lesson, task, or conversation prompt which I have designed around the content. These are things I have used with the visionaries I coach, my own three young boys, undergraduate students, and for myself. Put 20 minutes in your diary for them. Together we can transform your self and your understanding of the world around you for the better.
I’m not writing for everyone. If you are unsure about signing up, then take a moment now to envisage who you want to be in a decade. Where do you want your energy to be focused? Who do you want around you? What kind of life do you want to live? How do you want to be learning and making decisions?
When you have thought about that, click on the button at the end of this paragraph to reveal a list of personal qualities I think about when I’m writing to you all. It’s an “aspirational self”: something which most people could become if they committed to it. However, it’s a self that is not prioritized by the presently popular education systems or media. Finished thinking?
click here to see the list
Will the future you?
- Be present in their present, and enthusiastic about their future.
- Design their immediate environment and their self in synergy.
- Find internal motivation in their learning and life. Not require validation.
- Have abundant self-knowledge and well-calibrated self-confidence.
- Centre their lives around and with the people they love.
- Be widely knowledgeable, bordering on polymathic.
- Contribute, positively, in many contexts. At the very least have a net-positive impact on the world.
If that resonates, then we are fairly well aligned, and you should sign up now using the form above. If your aspirations are in a different direction, no worries – you will be better served elsewhere.