My purpose is to contribute to a kinder, more human world. At least for the people I work with, and those they touch. I think about this through the lens of an aspirational self that is under-served in most Western education and media. Everything I teach and offer in public will help people who aspire to:
- Be present in their present, and enthusiastic about their future.
- Design their immediate environment and their self in synergy.
- Find internal motivation in their learning and life. Not require validation.
- Have abundant self-knowledge and well-calibrated self-confidence.
- Centre their lives around and with the people they love.
- Be widely knowledgeable, bordering on polymathic.
- Contribute, positively, in many contexts. At the very least have a net-positive impact on the world.
What I’m Planning Soon
Here’s what 2021 will look like. Short, step-by-step courses that will (if you implement):
- Show you how to consume information without the media consuming you: engage consciously. Value practically immeasurable given the misery media consumption drives many people towards. This will also include reading-for-learning – a lifelong, compounding skill.
- Enable you to plan what you learn around who you want to be in future. Whether you work on paper when you have a spare moment, or digitally for hours a day, I’ll show you how to optimize you personal knowledge management systems for deep learning and personal development.
And a more substantial course taught over six weeks, Train Your Intuition, that will involve much more interactive time, community, and training on many of the less “shiny” things in life.
A good 2021 will see students who notice that their learning process transforms. Whether its 10 students or 5,000 I reach with these courses and group coaching, that’s the metric I care about for now. Anything less and I’d need to do some hard thinking about whether this is the right path for me.
When the numbers allow, from 2023/4 I’ll hand that course-suite over to someone I trust (to teach or co-teach with me for a year); and move my attention onto a suite of courses around polymathy. At that point, I can also offer purchasing-power-parity pricing and other ways to extend the reach of the community: I’m already building connections with an eye to that. If the numbers don’t allow me to do that yet, I can do it a year or five later. That’s ok, too.
Later – towards Better Humans 2040
If the world wants what I think it needs, I’ll be able to take my educational mission further and broaden it significantly. To evaluate long-term learning from what I teach. To enable a community around it who will form the network to take this forward. To develop my own skills and expertise so that I’m capable of leading this (for a short while, I hope); or to find someone else I trust to implement.